- Congratulations to Jessie Zhao, a German Studies major, for publishing, along with Prof. Höyng, her first book review of Howard Caygill's Kafka: In Light of the Accident.
- Congratulations to Prof. Caroline Schaumann on recieving the 2018 Robert S. Hascall Faculty Sustainability Innovator Award from the office of Sustainability Initiatives.
- Congratulations to senior German Studies major Paul Greenstein on being inducted into Phi Beta Kappa
- Three recently graduated German Studies majors will be teaching English this coming year in the German-speaking world. Lydia Rautman and Chebon Ryan will be Fulbright English Teaching Assistants in Germany, and Jacqueline Teed will be a US Teaching Assistant in Linz, Austria
- The book Robert Walser: A Companion, featuring Prof. Paul Buchholz' contribution "Out of a Job: Giving Notice in The Tanners and The Assistant" was published by Northwestern University Press in June 2018.
- Prof. Miriam Udel’s chapter “The Sabbath Tale and Jewish Cultural Renewal” appeared in the volume “Children and Yiddish Literature: From Early Modernity to Post-Modernity”