- Prof. Höyng’s latest scholarly work was published in a volume on “Making Sacrifices,” edited by Nicholas Brooks and Gregor Thuswaldner, last December.
- Prof. Miriam Udel received from the Jewish Book Council the 2016 National Jewish Book Award in Modern Jewish Thought and Experience for her monograph Never Better!
- Prof. Peter Höyng was profiled by the Center for Faculty Development and Excellence
- Prof. Hiram Maxim was interviewed as part of an article on the importance of keeping the foreign language requirement at U.S. colleges and universities.
- Prof. Caroline Schaumann gave the presentation “Alexander von Humboldts Ansichten der Kordilleren zwischen Ästhetik und Erlebnis” as part of the Postdam Alexander von Humboldt Symposium “Landschaften und Kartographien der Humboldtian Science” in Potsdam, Germany on November 9th.
- Prof. Paul Buchholz delivered the paper “Minimal Community and Vicarious Narration in Heinz Helle’s Post-apocalyptic Novel Eigentlich müssten wir tanzen” at the annual Pacific Ancient and Modern Language Association (PAMLA) conference in Pasadena, CA, on November 11th.