- Prof. Paul Buchholz is currently the Fulbright-IFK Senior Fellow in Cultural Studies at the International Research Center for Cultural Studies in Vienna, Austria.
- Professor Hiram Maxim was named the Masse-Martin/NEH Distinguished Teaching Professor.
- Professor Caroline Schaumann’s co-edited volume (with Sean Ireton), Mountains and the German Mind: From Gessner to Messner, 1541-2009, will appear in spring 2020.
- Professor Caroline Schaumann published the article “Tracing Romanticism in the Anthropocene: An Ecocritical Reading of Ludwig Tieck’s Rune Mountain” in Romantic Legacies: Transnational and Transdisciplinary Contexts, edited by Shun-Liang Chao and John Michael Corrigan.
- German Studies student, Chloe Nathan, received a SURE award for summer research, and her project "The Stages of Alienation: Bertolt Brecht's Play Mother Courage and Her Children in the Global Cold War" was distinguished with a Certificate of Excellence.
- Professor Paul Buchholz's article “Ecological Pessimism and the Pronouns of the Future in Nicolas Born’s ‘Radikale Ernte’ (1975)" was published in the Summer 2019 issue of The German Quarterly.