- Peter Höyng’s most recent paper was published in the latest issue of The Journal of Austrian Studies. He once again explores some overlooked aspect on the Austrian writer Thomas Bernhard, and he gave it the title: "Der Notlicht-Skandal als Backstage-Nachspiel. Beobachtungen zu Bernhards Der Ignorant und der Wahnsinnige anhand von Hennetmairs Tagebuch.” You can find the abstract here.
- Prof. Peter Höyng and Jeff Mellor’s translation of Hugo Bettauer’s novel Das blaue Mal appeared with Camden House Press.
- Prof. Caroline Schaumann and Heather Sullivan’s co-edited volume German Eco-criticism in the Anthropocene appeared with Palgrave Macmillan.
- German Studies major Sarah Hesse has been awarded a Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship in Germany for 2017-18
- Prof. Hiram Maxim received the Emory Williams Teaching Award at Commencement