- Prof. Peter Höyng and Jeff Mellor’s translation of Hugo Bettauer’s novel Das blaue Mal appeared with Camden House Press.
- Prof. Caroline Schaumann and Heather Sullivan’s co-edited volume German Eco-criticism in the Anthropocene appeared with Palgrave Macmillan.
- German Studies major Sarah Hesse has been awarded a Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship in Germany for 2017-18
- Prof. Hiram Maxim received the Emory Williams Teaching Award at Commencement
- The student research project "The first 100 days of fascist Germany" was featured in the Emory Report
- Prof. Paul Buchholz presented the paper "Cosmos in Crisis: Franz Krahberger's Humbolts Reise" at the Austrian Studies Association conference in Chicago.
- Prof. Hiram Maxim gave the paper “A multiple-case study of international students’ L3 development in the U.S. university language classroom” with Dr. Glenn Levine (UC-Irvine) at the American Association of Applied Linguistics conference in Portland, Oregon.
- Prof. Miriam Udel was interviewed about her award-winning book Never Better!