- Prof. Peter Höyng and Jeff Mellor’s translation of Hugo Bettauer’s novel Das blaue Mal appeared with Camden House Press. Read more about the project here and listen to an interview with the translators here.
- Prof. Paul Buchholz is curating this semester’s Emory Cinematheque film series on the topic of “Resisting Fascism.” Listen to an interview about the series here.
- The department welcomes Helena Geisler as this year’s Fulbright Teaching Assistant and Dr. Sharon Weiner as Visiting Assistant Professor
- Peter Höyng’s article ‘Der Notlicht-Skandal als Backstage-Nachspiel. Beobachtungen zu Bernhards Der Ignorant und der Wahnsinnige anhand von Hennetmairs Tagebuch’ appeared in the latest issue of Journal of Austrian Studies.
- Prof. Caroline Schaumann and Heather Sullivan’s co-edited volume German Eco-criticism in the Anthropocene appeared with Palgrave Macmillan.
- Recently graduated German Studies major Sarah Hesse (17C) is spending the year as a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant in Maintal, Germany.
- Prof. Hiram Maxim received the Emory Williams Teaching Award at Commencement