- German Studies student, Chloe Nathan, received a SURE award for summer research, and her project "The Stages of Alienation: Bertolt Brecht's Play Mother Courage and Her Children in the Global Cold War" was distinguished with a Certificate of Excellence.
- Prof. Paul Buchholz's article “Ecological Pessimism and the Pronouns of the Future in Nicolas Born’s ‘Radikale Ernte’ (1975)" was published in the Summer 2019 issue of The German Quarterly.
- Prof. Miriam Udel receives semikha (ordination) from Yeshivat Maharat through the new Advanced Kollel: Executive Ordination Track.
- Congratulations to Prof. Maxim who is one of the the recipients of the Global Atlanta Innovative Teaching Grant, funded by Emory’s Halle Institute and the CFDE.
- Congratulations to Alex Simmens who will be part of the newly established Global Language Cohort, directed by Prof. Ana Catarina Teixeira and under the support of Campus Life.