- Three recently graduated German Studies majors will be teaching English this coming year in the German-speaking world. Lydia Rautman and Chebon Ryan will be Fulbright English Teaching Assistants in Germany, and Jacqueline Teed will be a US Teaching Assistant in Linz, Austria
- The book Robert Walser: A Companion, featuring Prof. Paul Buchholz' contribution "Out of a Job: Giving Notice in The Tanners and The Assistant" was published by Northwestern University Press in June 2018.
- Prof. Miriam Udel’s chapter “The Sabbath Tale and Jewish Cultural Renewal” appeared in the volume “Children and Yiddish Literature: From Early Modernity to Post-Modernity”
- Prof. Miriam Udel was awarded a Senior Fellowship at the Fox Center for Humanistic Inquiry for the 2018-19 academic year
- Prof. Hiram Maxim will be the Fulbright-Botstiber Visiting Professor of Austrian-American Studies at the University of Vienna during the Wintersemester 2018-19
- Prof. Caroline Schaumann's article Alexander Von Humboldt and the Upside of Failure appeared in the Alpinist Magazine Issue 61 Spring 2018.